Quality & Conformance Testing
At Hermetic Solutions Group, we constantly work toward maintaining the highest levels of quality, while implementing any necessary quality improvement and process enhancements that will facilitate success for our customers. Our environmental and conformance testing capabilities are designed to provide our customers with an extra level of confidence when purchasing products from Hermetic Solutions Group. We strive to be the world’s leading manufacturer of hermetic connectors, headers, optical windows, electronic packaging and enabling components for use in extreme environments. To achieve that goal, we must be a quality leader to our defense & aerospace, medical, optical networking and energy customers.
We feel so strongly about quality and testing, that we have taken an active role in serving on the technical board of the JEDEC committee and were instrumental in the latest release of JESD9C, “Standard Inspection Criteria for Microelectronic Packages and Covers."
Simply, quality is in our DNA and we never take it for granted.
Conformance Testing Capabilities and Equipment
We consider the physical and thermal properties of the materials that will be used to manufacture your part. We also take into account how materials change when exposed to different environmental conditions so that your part will perform consistently in all circumstances.
We offer the following:
- Electrical testing – per per MIL-STD-202, Method, 301 and 302.
- Hermetic testing: per MIL-STD-883, Method 1014, Test Condition A.
- Hermetic testing: Greater than or equal to 1 x 10-9 cc/sec. Helium at 1 atmospheric pressure.
- Metallurgical Testing: includes core and surface hardness, micro-hardness testing, case depth surveys, coating thickness determination, grain size, cleanliness determinations, eutectic melting, high-temperature oxidation determinations and weld analysis.
- Push-out strength testing.
- Pull and force testing capabilities to 500 lbs.
- Solderability testing per MIL-STD-883, Method 2003 determines if original terminal plating is solderable or, if an originally solderable terminal is still solderable, and has not been degraded by oxidation or contamination. We routinely X-Ray solder joints to ensure compliance.
- Thermal cycle testing – per MIL-STD-883, Method 1010 - uses the application of various and/or changing temperature extremes to cause measurable changes in a material. This testing may be initiated for a variety of reasons, ranging from material identification to measuring performance under varying temperatures, to identifying contaminants.
- Thermal shock testing –per MIL-STD-883, Method 1011 - is the most strenuous temperature test, is designed to show how the product will perform as it expands and contracts under extreme conditions. Thermal shock testing creates an environment that will show (in a short period of time) how products stand up against adverse field conditions and over years of change.
- Vibration testing – a process that verifies that the test unit will function in and withstand, the vibration stresses that can occur during shipping and throughout a product’s life cycle.
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) – per ASTM-B568 – is widely used to measure the elemental composition and plating thickness of materials. Since this method is fast and non-destructive to the sample, it is the method of choice for industrial production for control of materials.
- CMM – Coordinate Measuring Machines, calibrated yearly to +/- .00008. Throughout the manufacturing process we perform tests and take measurements to ensure that your parts will perform to spec. Our CMMs can provide you with read and record data for a sampling of a product run or for each serialized part.
- Manual, Point to Point
- Nikon Visual
- Inspection Microscopes, with up to 40X magnification.
Quality Compliance and Processes
- ISO 9001 and other ISO certification at all of our facilities. Our ISO certs can be found here.
- NadcapTM certified at several locations.
- Setup of processing procedures.
- Incoming inspection.
- Finished and in-process parts inspection.
- Certification of QC compliance.
- Custom parts inspection and documentation.
- Certifications available for certain processes, materials. Please review our Brand pages for more information.
Our Commitment to Quality
Our commitment to quality helps ensure our customers are successful with their customers. And when we say “quality,” we don’t just mean producing the highest quality products, because that goes without saying; for the Hermetic Solutions Group, exceptional quality extends to our processes, the way in which we interact with our customers, our employees and the world. Quality is how the Hermetic Solutions Group does business.
We offer innovative solutions and produce state-of-the-art products for Defense & Aerospace, Energy, Industrial,Medical and Optical Networking industries.
We’re not just a manufacturer; we offer our customers value added services to help them succeed when in-house capacity is not an option.